So, here’s a recipe I’ve adapted from someone I used to know. It’s really easy to make and pretty cheap, also fairly balanced. I’m guessing at the amounts used ’cause I eyeball it then taste it as I go.
- 12 oz multi coloured pasta (Wacky Mac is good but any multi coloured pasta works great)
- 10 oz canned tuna (we used whole white albacore)
- ~1 cup mayonnaise or more/less to suit taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon powdered garlic or more/less to suit taste
- Juice from half a lemon, carefully seeded
Optionally can add shredded, raw carrots, celery, or any other crunchy veggie that sounds good.
What To Do:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Immediately drain and rinse with cool water until the pasta is cold. Drain thoroughly.
- Put the peas in a colander and rinse with cool water until thawed and soft all the way through. Drain thoroughly.
- Open, drain and flake the tuna.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peas, pasta, optional additional veg, garlic powder, and mayo. Mix until well incorporated.
- Put the tuna on top, squeeze the lemon over the top of the fish, and then mix thoroughly.
- Taste, adjust mayo/garlic to taste; serve with bread/crackers.
Do let me know if you try it and how you like it. Me, my husband and father have this pretty often.